Friday, October 5, 2007

Here we go..........

I can sense the apprehension of Husker Nation this week as we head to Columbia to defend our Big XII North title, and my question is, why? Yea, our defense has sucked. Bad. But I don't know if everyone has forgot, but so does Mizzou's. I mean, statistically, they are even worse. And while the yardage total against Iowa State wasn't good last week, at least the D made big plays when we needed them the most, which is going to be needed again Saturday night if the Huskers are to come out of Farout field with a win. I'm still confident this Nebraska team can out-gun Chase Daniel and company, but it's going to need a few turnovers from the unit formerly known as the Blackshirts if they are going to win this game.

I'm looking for the following things to happen tomorrow night:

1) NU establishes the running game early in an attempt to keep Mizzou's offense off the field. I think Marlon Lucky will have a big day, seriously.

2) Mo Purify turns in a big performance (think 6 catches, 75 yards, 2 TDs) after a tough week off the field.

3)Nebraska forces 3 turnovers that lead to at least 2 NU scores. Despite this, the Huskers will still manage to give up 450 yards of offense. That said, Keller and Co. will get just as many.

NU 42, Mizzou 39

Here's last year's Mizzou game Tunnel Walk. Goooooo Biiiiiiigggg Reeeeddddddd!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good points on the things you want to have happen, but I think if the score gets beyond 35 points, Missouri will win.

Anonymous said...

yeah, that defense wasn't really sooooo bad. I mean, it was okay. If you like that whole, not allowing a touchdown...thing.

Have fun! Come see us in San Antonio, you can hold our jocks!

Go Tigers!