Saturday, July 21, 2007

Good thing Cally let the process sort itself out

This is why you don't jump to conclusions. Why you don't call for someone's head before the situation resolves itself. The biggest news of every Husker fans summer was released today, as Cally announced that Mo Purify will only miss the season opener against Nevada for his two run-ins with the law earlier this summer. This obviously is a HUGE relief for all of us who thought we'd have to be without our primary aerial threat. Sure, we talked ourselves into our other recievers making up for him, and they may very well have, but I think we all know that in the back of our mind we were more than a little worried. Our fantasies of Keller-to-Mo touchdowns are still alive, and that is cause for celebration.

I made the mistake of jumping to the conlusion that Callahan was sure to kick him off the team, which was short-sighted on my part. I was sure that Cally, having little or no tolerance for off-the-field issues, was going to give him the boot. But that is where I was too quick to fire off an entry, and man am I glad that Callahan let the legal system figure it out first before making the same mistake I did. Welcome back, Mo. You may never have been gone, but to most of us, it was a bad couple of weeks thinking about the prospect of you not being a Husker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I called for Mo's head, but calmed down after a while. I was expecting at least 3-4 game suspension, but did not expect just one. I hope this will not be an example for our kids to know that you can do this and that and get away with it.