Thursday, January 31, 2008

Recruiting Update: Man Crush alert


Wow, that title is really gay-sounding.....buuuut I really don't care. I wanted to post today about a kid just starting to make some noise on the recruiting circuit (5 days left till signing day, by the way). His name is Mason Wald, and on paper, there's nothing that jumps out about the kid. He's a 5'11", 195-pound safety out of Vestavia Hills High School in Birmingham, Alabama. But if you watch his highlight tapes, it just shows how stupid judging someone on paper is. This kid is a BAMF, a Bad Ass Mother F*cker, a heat-seeking missile who really punishes the ball carrier. I'll admit, when I first read about our offer to him on Rivals, I was kinda pissed. My thought process was, "Great, another overachieving defensive back who Nebraska offered despite no other big-time programs being interested." I thought it was another reach by the Pelini coaching staff. But then, having nothing better to do at work, I decided to take a look at his video.

And I am now hoping we get this kid (whose only other offer at this point is Samford) more than I am hoping to land big-time 5 star guys. Wald is the type of player you'd expect playing for Pelini- tough, aggressive, flying to the ball. His only hang-up about the Huskers is that they are a bit farther from home, so here's to hoping that Saban doesn't decide to be a douche and offer this kid.......seriously, watch the highlight film (give them time to load, trust me, you won't regret it), and make sure to watch all 3 of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I lеaνe a rеspоnse whenever I eѕpеcially еnjoy а pοst оn a ωеbsite οr if I haѵe somеthing
to add to the ԁiѕcussіοn. Usuаlly it iѕ triggereԁ by
thе fire сommunicatеd in the article I гead.

And after this artiсle Queеn Of Chаrms

Alѕo visіt my weblog ... bosu core exercises