So I'll admit, I was concerned about the Huskers being broadcast to half the country this past Saturday. The way we had been playing, I figured the last thing we needed to was an embarassing performance that could be seen everywhere west of the Mississippi. But who knew the Huskers had that type of performance in them? Sure, they fell apart at the end, mostly due to exhaustion and injuries. But that heart, the effort we had been looking for? It was evident from the outset. You could see the pain on the faces of the Big Red when they lost, you could see that they had left it all out on the field, which is all we have asked for the past month. Unfortunately, it didn't translate into a win, but I wasn't concerned about that.
Some random thoughts:
- When was the last time we weren't favored against Kansas? The Kennedy administration?
- I feel horrible for Sam Keller. He came here hoping to have a special year, but instead he oversaw a trainwreck of a team through one of the worst years in program history. That doesn't fall on his shoulders though. He left it on the field every game and became the unofficial voice of the Huskers. Here's to hoping that he heals quickly and has a great combine to up his draft status. He deserves it after all he's been through these past few years.
- What was Suh thinking on that 3rd and 13? He makes that play, we get the ball back with time to at least tie the game, maybe even win. Instead, Charles escapes and gets the 1st. What a backbreaker. That one play may encapsulate this season better than any other we've seen.
- It'll be interesting to see what Joe Ganz does with this opportunity. This is his chance to get a jump on the job for next year, and he better seize it. Because once the new staff comes in, I guarantee that Witt is going to impress them, so Joe better get ready for a battle again.
- I have Kansas tickets if anybody wants them. Glad I dropped 75 a piece on them, turned out to be a great investment.
- Among all the coaching rumors, I still am holding out hope that a deal with Bo gets done. I'm not on the Turner for HC bandwagon, and I'm not sure why so many others are.
- I can't wait till Ohio State gets beat by Michigan and BC loses too. There's now way they make it through unscathed, unless Michigan is missing Hart and Henne for the game. It's just been one of those seasons where maybe two 1-loss teams makes it in to NC game.
I'll add more here tomorrow, but today's a busy day at work. Kansas preview to come, as well as a quick look around the Big 12.